In honor of my most recent blog – CARBS, I bring to you a delicious recipe from one of my favorites Lori Harder! Check it out and let me know what you think! Happy “carbing” – enjoy it!
- • 1 medium zucchini, shredded (1 ½ cups)
- • 1 medium peeled sweet potato, shredded (1 ½ cups)
- • 3 green onions, finely chopped
- • 2-3 garlic gloves, minced
- • ½ tsp. chili powder
- • ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- • ½ tsp. salt
- • ¼ tsp. pepper
- • 2 tbsp. flour
- • 3 eggs
- • 1 tbsp. coconut oil, butter or ghee (clarified butter)
- • Shred zucchini and sweet potatoes and place in separate bowls. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 5-10 min. (mean while patty burgers). Then squeeze out as much liquid as possible—this step is important.
- • Combine the shredded zucchini and sweet potatoes and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- • Heat oil on a griddle or large pan on medium high heat. Once heated drop ¼ cup portions of zucchini sweet potato batter onto hot griddle. Flatten with spatula.
- • Let cook on each side for about 7 minutes or until cook through and golden brown.
- • Take off griddle.